Privacy & Legal
Last updated: 10 June 2020
Our website collects no personal data, unless you purchase the Fileside application, in which case your contact and payment details will be collected to complete the order.
You provide your contact and payment details when making a purchase in our online shop.
We collect your contact and payment data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account
- Email you with information and news about Fileside
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us, or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email, and we will remove you from all informational correspondence.
After purchasing Fileside, your personal data is stored in accordance with Fastspring’s Storage Policy.
Fileside would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Fileside for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Fileside correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Fileside to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Fileside erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Fileside restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Fileside’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Fileside transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
This agreement covers use of the Fileside desktop application once installed on your computer.
This End-User License Agreement (hereafter referred to as the “Agreement”) is a legal agreement between you and Fileside. Please read this Agreement carefully before completing the installation process and using the Software.
This Agreement governs your use of our Fileside Software product (the “Software”) acquired directly from Fileside or indirectly through a Fileside-authorized reseller or distributor. This Software product is licensed, not sold.
If you register for a free trial of the Fileside Software, this Agreement will also govern that trial. By clicking “Agree” or installing and/or using the Software, you are confirming your acceptance of the Software and agreeing to become bound by the terms of this Agreement.
If you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to bind such entity and its affiliates to these terms and conditions. If you do not have such authority or if you do not agree with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, do not install or use the Software, and you must not accept this Agreement.
This Agreement shall apply only to the Software supplied by Fileside herewith regardless of whether other software is referred to or described herein. The terms also apply to any Fileside updates, supplements, Internet-based services, and support services for the Software, unless other terms accompany those items on delivery. If so, those terms apply.
Fileside hereby grants you a personal, non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable licence to use the Fileside Software on your devices in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
You may install the Software on as many devices under your control as you wish for your own use, as long as only one instance of the Software is used at any one time. Simultaneous use of multiple copies is not permitted.
You are responsible for ensuring your devices meet the minimum requirements of the Fileside Software.
You are not permitted to:
- Edit, alter, modify, adapt, translate or otherwise change the whole or any part of the Software nor permit the whole or any part of the Software to be combined with or become incorporated in any other software, nor decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer the Software or attempt to do any such things.
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, resell or otherwise use the Software for any commercial purpose.
- Allow any third party to use the Software on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party.
- Use the Software in any way which breaches any applicable local, national or international law.
- Use the Software for any purpose that Fileside considers is a breach of this Agreement.
Fileside will notify you of any available updates and upgrades. You will be entitled to receive free of charge, all updates to the Software, up until the next major version increase.
Any maintenance and support provided by Fileside, including the provision of updates and upgrades, will be provided in an adequate way on an “as is” basis without any warranty, as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to availability of personnel.
Fileside shall at all times retain ownership of the Software as originally downloaded by you and all subsequent downloads of the Software by you. The Software (and the copyright, and other intellectual property rights of whatever nature in the Software, including any modifications made thereto) are and shall remain the property of Fileside.
Fileside reserves the right to grant licences to use the Software to third parties.
The Software is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind. Fileside and its suppliers disclaim and make no express or implied warranties and specifically disclaim the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third-party rights. You must assume all risk of using the program. Neither Fileside nor its suppliers warrant that the functions contained in the Software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the Software will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Fileside’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy under this Agreement shall not exceed the price paid for the Software, if any. In no event shall Fileside or its suppliers be liable to you for any consequential, special, incidental or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the use or inability to use the Software.
Fileside may periodically collect and use anonymous technical usage data concerning the Software. Fileside will use such data to facilitate maintenance and improvements with respect to the Software.
This Agreement is effective from the date you first use the Software and shall continue until terminated. You may terminate this agreement by deleting the Software and all copies thereof from your device.
It will also terminate immediately if you fail to comply with any term of this Agreement. Upon such termination, the licenses granted by this Agreement will immediately terminate and you agree to stop all access and use of the Software. The provisions that by their nature continue and survive will survive any termination of this Agreement.
Fileside may, in its sole discretion, at any time and for any or no reason, suspend or terminate this Agreement with or without prior notice.
If any provision of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement, and any dispute arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Berlin, Germany.
The following person is responsible for the contents of this website:
+49 176 7320 8676